Achieving Level 2 evaluation!
Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Years ago, Donald Kirkpatrick identified four levels of evaluation or assessment:
Level 1 assessment—the questionnaires we all use at the end of training—only capture the learners’ feelings about the training. FKA’s Developing Effective Assessment program focuses on level 2 assessment that confirms learning has actually taken place. Using your real-world training content and FKA’s powerful guidelines and checklists, you will create assessment questions that are reliable, valid, fair and defensible.
The program also examines the actions required to ensure the learning transfers back to the job so that level 3 assessments will show the desired performance improvement.
Who should attend:
- Course designers and developers charged with implementing Level 2 evaluation.
- Learning professionals who need to design effective higher level assessment questions.
- Learning Managers who must develop a rationale for level 2 and 3 assessment.
- Use examples, guidelines and checklists to create a variety of effective questions for your own program assessments.
- Instructor feedback lets you build your skills quickly as you practice writing test items.
- Collaborate with other learners to build a portfolio of great questions.
- Incorporate test for understanding questions that keep learners engaged and challenge them appropriately.
- Find out what it takes to create reliable, valid and defensible tests.
- Take advantage of free one-year support to help you with your next assessment project.
- Identify the five criteria for “good” tests.
- Relate “assessment” and “evaluation”.
- Discuss how the Model of Performance (MoP) defines the required performance.
- Write effective objectives for formal learning initiatives.
- Create effective test for understanding questions for ongoing learner assessment.
- Develop true/false, multiple-choice, matching, short answer, essay and scenario-based test questions for Level 2 assessments.
- Develop processing questions that assess learners’ ability to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate and create.
- Use checklists to validate your own questions.
- Align test questions with the learning objectives.
- Incorporate processing questions when debriefing an application.
- Develop strategies for transfer of learning back to the job.
- Create reliable, valid and defensible assessments.
- “Good” Tests
- Effective Instructional Design
- FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- FKA Test Design Process
- Flour Levels of Evaluation
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Systematic Learning Process
- Required Performance – Model of Performance
- “Effective” Objectives
- Types of Objectives
- Achieving the Performance Objective
- Performance Gaps and Bridging Strategies
- Formal versus Informal Assessment
- Types of Tests
- Types of Questions
- Higher Level Questions
- Action Verbs
- Aligning Questions and Objectives
- Training Transfer
- The Transfer Partnership
- Barriers to Transfer
- Strategies for Ensuring Training Transfer
- Facilitating Application Activities
- Processing Question for Debriefing
- Reliability and Test Length
- Legal Defensibility
- Sample Size
- Confidence Interval and Level
- Achieving Performance and Results form Training
- Hands-on activities to practice writing a variety of effective questions
- Sample Questions
- Guidelines for Writing Questions
- Questions Checklists
- List of Action Verbs
Prices: On-line or On-site, call for custom pricing.
2 Great Delivery Options:
- Two Days – $1499
- Online $2099 – 4 live sessions