Determining and facilitating training requirements. Ateliers en francais
Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Analysis of the performance gap indicates a need for training interventions. Great, but where do you start? Who needs what training? When and how? This program answers these essential questions in a highly interactive and hands-on environment.
Who should attend:
- Training professionals, HR professionals, managers, coordinators, administrators, and corporate executives responsible for identifying, planning and scheduling department and corporate-wide training.
- Training and HR professionals making decisions on training interventions, including whether to buy or build.
- Individuals responsible for budgeting, forecasting or justifying training costs to develop, buy or implement training.
- Use a structured process to assess training needs.
- Receive a set of training needs analysis tools that can be adapted to your need.
- Follow a real world case study with data, analysis and reports.
- Look at recent benchmark data.
- Take advantage of post-workshop coaching to help you with your first training needs analysis.
- Define a Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Identify when to perform a TNA.
- Describe what information/data will be gathered.
- Determine the sources of data.
- Determine the level of required data.
- Describe specific data collection methods.
- Create an effective questionnaire.
- Explain how to analyze the data collected.
- Prioritize new training requirements.
- Describe the components of a Corporate Training Plan.
WHEN TO CONDUCT A TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS
- Benchmark your training department.
- Evaluate existing training.
- Assess the impact of current business needs on human performance.
- Respond to a client request.
- Determine what data is required.
- Decide how to collect the data – survey, interview, focus group, data mining.
- Develop the best survey.
- Ensure the data will be easy to analyze.
- Evaluate online survey tools.
- Examine simple formats for summarizing data.
- Compare basic data analysis techniques.
- Explore spreadsheet capabilities for data analysis.
- Interpret data analysis and summaries.
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY
- Set expectations.
- Facilitate participation to improve the quality and quantity of responses.
- Maintain open communication.
- Present results to stakeholders.
NEW TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Identify gaps between identified needs and current training.
- Outline content for new training.
- Make a build or buy decision.
CORPORATE TRAINING PLAN
- Describe the current situation.
- Identify the new training requirements.
- Develop an Implementation Plan.
- Prepare a budget for the implementation.
- Create a Training Schedule.
- Summarize your findings in a Corporate Training Plan.
- Present your findings to management.
- Links to download our ROI Calculator and accompanying manual, a $199 value.
One day – $899
Take Performance Consulting in conjunction with Training Needs Analysis and receive a $200 discount. Please use code TNAPC (case sensitive) when registering for the Performance Consulting portion to receive discount.