Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Number of Upcoming Programs: 0
No scheduled public programs were found. Please contact FKA
Are you charged with determining how much effort and how long it will take to develop the new course? If you have been asked to determine a development budget and figure out the development work schedule, this program is essential for you.
Who should attend:
- Learning and HRD professionals who need to determine the development budget and assign work to the development team.
- Learning consultants who must estimate time and effort to develop multi-faceted solutions.
- Course developers who need to tell their managers how long it is going to take them to complete the course development work.
Four Key Benefits:
- Employ a structured method for estimating the duration of the training.
- Use a proven workflow for planning your development activities.
- Identify the cost associated with developing the learning solution.
- Layout out a development plan that fits in the available timeframe.
- Analyze the context for training interventions.
- Estimate course length.
- Select instructional strategies.
- Select evaluation methods to measure the success of training.
- Identify required resources for training interventions.
- Determine practical design ratios.
- Develop a project work plan.
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis.
- Make Buy or Build training decisions.
- TRAINING CONTEXT
- Context Data
- Types of Parameters
- Types of Constraints
- TRAINING SOLUTION PROFILE
- Estimating Course Length
- Calculating the total number of Skill and Knowledge Items
- Level of Difficulty and Duration
- Instructional Strategies
- Strategy Framework
- Planning the Levels of Evaluation
- PROJECT PLAN
- Workflow for Instructional Systems Design (ISD)
- Resources Required
- Design Ratios – Ideal and Practical
- Determining a Practical Design Ratio
- Mapping Effort to Time Available
- Establishing Project Milestones
- COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS
- Determining the Cost of Training
- Cost Model Definitions
- Cost Example Scenario
- Training Cost Calculator for Leader Led (LL)
- Simple Results Model
- Training Cost Calculator for Blended Learning Strategy
- Simple Results Model
- Post Training Results
Your personal copy of FKA’s ROI TutorialTM, a $199 value
Two day – $1499
Online $2099 – 4 live sessions