The gold-standard for delivery skills. Available in English and French! Ateliers en francais.
Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Number of Upcoming Programs: 18
Ottawa: October 16, 2017 – October 18, 2017
Toronto: November 20, 2017 – November 22, 2017
Chicago: December 4, 2017 – December 6, 2017
Ottawa: January 15, 2018 – January 17, 2018
Toronto: February 12, 2018 – February 14, 2018
San Francisco: February 26, 2018 – February 28, 2018
Atlanta: March 12, 2018 – March 14, 2018
Ottawa: April 9, 2018 – April 11, 2018
Toronto: May 28, 2018 – May 30, 2018
Chicago: June 4, 2018 – June 6, 2018
Ottawa: July 9, 2018 – July 11, 2018
Toronto: August 20, 2018 – August 22, 2018
Calgary: September 10, 2018 – September 12, 2018
Atlanta: September 24, 2018 – September 26, 2018
San Francisco: October 1, 2018 – October 3, 2018
Ottawa: October 29, 2018 – October 31, 2018
Toronto: November 19, 2018 – November 21, 2018
Chicago: December 3, 2018 – December 5, 2018
This award winning program is simply the finest Train-the-Trainer workshop available. Developed in conjunction with the acknowledged standards for instructional excellence, it is the cornerstone for: CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer certification, Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) certification, and FKA’s Professional Instructor certification.
The focus is on you in this dynamic program. You will develop your classroom training skills by delivering three separate lessons based on content from your own environment. You’ll get oral and written feedback from our skilled workshop leaders and receive video recordings of your lessons for personal viewing.
Who should attend
- New technical or non-technical instructors who require the essential knowledge and skills to deliver training programs
- Training and line managers who are responsible for evaluating the quality of professional instructional staff
- Instructors seeking certification: CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer, MCT or FKA’s Professional Instructor
- Experienced instructors seeking a systematic approach to course delivery
Six Key Benefits:
- Learn from the best instructors in the industry.
- Small classes ensure you get individual attention and expert feedback.
- Establish a solid grounding in the basics and build your confidence and skills from there.
- Immediately start using all the practical techniques you will need to be successful back on the job.
- Take home a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during training and will be a valuable reference back on the job.
- Free one-year consultation service if you have questions after the workshop ends.
- Integrate the principles of adult learning into training delivery.
- Use learner-centered lesson objectives.
- Conduct application activities to confirm the achievement of lesson objectives.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to training delivery.
- Apply motivational strategies during training.
- Implement a variety of presentation methods.
- Use questions to draw on learners’ knowledge and experience.
- Respond to learners’ questions using four different methods.
- Use instructional media to clarify content and maximize retention.
- Incorporate relevant examples.
- Test for understanding using questioning techniques.
- Interpret the four stages of learning.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Identify strategies to handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Organize and sequence content to maximize learning.
- Improve delivery skills through application and feedback.
- Plan continued self-development as an instructor.
- International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (ibstpi) Instructor Competencies
- The Importance of Introductions
- Adult Learning Principles
- Objectives and Assessments
- Systematic Learning Process
- Instructional Process
- Initial and Ongoing Motivation
- Information Transfer
- Interactive Instruction
- Questioning Techniques
- Test for Understanding
- Application (Hands-on and Brains-on Practice)
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Verbals and Non-Verbals
- Organizing and Sequencing Information
- Learners each present one practice lesson per day
- Action Verbs
- Lesson Plans
- Systematic Learning Process Checklist
- Pre-Course Preparation
- Classroom Layouts
- Communication Skills
- Interpreting Non-Verbal Behavior
- Eye Contact
- Voice and Language
- Media / Training Aids
- Guidelines for Using Media Effectively
- Guidelines for Designing Presentation Slides
Three days – $1799