Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Number of Upcoming Programs: 0
No scheduled public programs were found. Please contact FKA
This program introduces you to the growing trend to deliver training by phone or conference call. You will explore new techniques and skills for this new delivery methodology.
Delivered in the form of a teleclass, the program models the methods taught in the program. Equivalent to a one-day program, the program includes two 2-hour teleclass sessions dedicated to the discussion of the content, and one 2-hour session dedicated to practice teaching and feedback.
During the program each participant will deliver a 10-minute practice lesson, and will receive feedback from the instructor and fellow learners. Participants will also do some preparation for the practice lesson outside of the teleclass. The course includes email and telephone access to the instructor.
Who should attend:
- Managers, executives, supervisors, training professionals, team facilitators and leaders, business owners and board members who use conference calls for training purposes.
- Individuals who need to conduct non-internet, high-impact distance training.
- Professionals and consultants seeking a cost-effective way to promote their work and connect with clients.
- Classroom instructors who wish to expand their delivery skills options.
- Participate from any telephone.
- Receive easy to use job aids and quick-references.
- Gain teleclass experience both as a learner and a facilitator.
- Network with other teleclass leaders.
- Optimize learning with limited enrollment and personalized constructive feedback.
- Conduct effective training when:
- other technology is unavailable.
- training time is very limited.
- learners and instructor are geographically dispersed.
- face-to-face instruction is not required.
- practice and feedback can be done without face-to-face interaction.
- the subject can be covered with discussion, reading, and simple practice exercises.
- minimal practice is required to master the activity.
- Create an interactive learning environment over the telephone that keeps learners engaged.
- Use techniques that reinforce teaching points and increase the participation of all learners regardless of their learning styles.
- Receive an oral and written review of your practice session.
- Incorporate the principles of adult learning into a teleclass.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to a teleclass session.
- Create a productive learning environment during a teleclass.
- Deliver a teleclass so participants are motivated to learn.
- Use learner-centered objectives to focus the teleclass.
- Establish rapport with learners over the telephone.
- Implement a variety of instructional methods.
- Use a variety of techniques to ensure interaction, retention, and learning during a teleclass.
- Address the various learning modalities during a teleclass.
- Enhance the teleclass environment using voice and language effectively.
- Begin and end a teleclass appropriately.
- Plan and deliver a teleclass session.
PREPARING FOR A TELECLASS
- Select appropriate content for a teleclass.
- Adapt traditional training programs to the teleclass format.
- Make effective adjustments to enhance learning success.
- Establish focused learning objectives.
- Develop a realistic agenda.
- Gather and disseminate pre-course participant information.
- Use a checklist for personal preparation.
- Plan a teleclass using a session template.
GETTING THE TELECLASS STARTED
- Set the tone.
- Alleviate learners’ concerns.
- Cover important information in the introduction.
- Use techniques that establish learners’ motivation.
ESTABLISHING RAPPORT OVER THE TELEPHONE
- Show interest in the learners.
- Create relevance and meaning for the learners.
- Draw on the diversity of the group.
- Sharpen your listening skills.
CREATING A LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
- Encourage active learner participation.
- Help learners connect to their real-world performance.
- Incorporate variety into a teleclass.
- Demonstrate effective questioning skills and techniques.
- Help learners draw upon their intellectual abilitie.s
- Address the various learning styles.
- Test the retention and understanding of the content.
- Use silence effectively.
- Manage time during a teleclass.
- Help learners process their learning experiences.
- Apply a powerful structure to enhance learning success.
VOICE AND LANGUAGE
- Create an inclusive environment with appropriate language.
- Use language to steer pacing, guide learner participation, and promote thought.
- Communicate in an engaging and natural style.
ENDING THE TELECLASS
- Reinforce the learning experience.
- Provide important closing information.
- Evaluate the teleclass.
Quick-reference tips booklet with:
- 12 Tips for Planning the Teleclass.
- 6 Guidelines for Using Technology and Equipment Effectively.
- 9 Hints for Getting the Teleclass Started.
- 8 Strategies for Establishing Rapport over the Telephone.
- 15 Techniques for Creating a Learning Environment.
- 7 Tips for Using Voice and Language Effectively.
- 6 Ideas for Ending the Teleclass.
- 3 Suggestions for Following Up after the Teleclass.
- 22-step checklist for determining what you need to do to make your teleclasses more effective.