Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Are you facilitating one-on-one or one-on-a-few training in a real working environment? This program will help you develop effective skills to increase your performance with your learners. Based on the foundation developed for FKA’s industry-standard 3-day Instructional Techniques workshop, this program is adapted to place those skills in the context of trainers who are delivering training in an on-the-job environment. You’ll practice new skills and explore the systematic learning process to empower your learners.
Who should attend:
- Trainers, coaches, supervisors, subject matter experts (SMEs), skilled workers/performers, who are responsible for training others in the normal working environment
- Training and line managers who are responsible for evaluating the quality of professional instructional staff
- Instructors seeking certification: Trainer, CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer, MCT or FKA’s Professional Instructor
Six Key Benefits:
- Learn and receive feedback from the best instructors in the industry.
- Small classes ensure you get individual attention and expert feedback.
- Reference design and delivery checklists to ensure a structured, safe, on-the job training environment.
- Observe and learn the ‘three-step’ job instruction process.
- Develop your training and coaching skills by preparing and conducting three separate work environment topics or demonstrations.
- Take home a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during training and will be a valuable reference back on the job.
- Determine when to use structured OJT.
- Integrate the principles of adult learning into OJT.
- Use trainee-centered training objectives.
- Conduct application activities to confirm the achievement of training objectives.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to OJT.
- Apply motivational strategies during training.
- Implement a variety of presentation methods.
- Use questions to draw on trainees’ knowledge and experience.
- Respond to trainees’ questions using four different methods.
- Use instructional media to clarify content and maximize retention.
- Incorporate relevant examples.
- Test for understanding using questioning techniques.
- Interpret the four stages of learning.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Organize and sequence content to maximize learning.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Identify strategies to handle difficult situations.
- Improve delivery skills through application and feedback
- Plan continued self-development as a trainer
- ibstpi Instructor Competencies
- OJT Defined
- OJT Decision Table
- Role of the OJT Trainer/Coach
- OJT Design and Delivery Checklist
- Adult Learning Principles
- Objectives and Assessments
- Systematic Learning Process
- Organizing and Sequencing Information
- Initial and Ongoing Motivation
- Information Transfer
- Structured Demonstrations
- Questioning Techniques
- Test for Understanding
- Handling Difficult On-the Job Training Situations
Applying What You Learn
- Individual practice lessons each day
- OJT Decision Table
- OJT Checklist
- Action Verbs
- Lesson Plans
- Checklist for Designing and Delivering Demonstrations
- Pre-Course Preparation
- Replace classroom with Training Area Classroom Layouts
- Communication Skills
- Interpreting Non-Verbal Behavior
- Eye Contact
- Voice and Language
- Media / Training Aids
- Guidelines for Using Media Effectively
- Free one-year consultation service if you have questions after the program ends.
• Available in 1 to 3 day formats. Call 1-800-FKA-5585 to schedule this on-site program