Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Number of Upcoming Programs: 0
No scheduled public programs were found. Please contact FKA
FKA’s popular program, Facilitation Skills: Running Effective Meetings is now available online with a specific focus on facilitating virtual meetings. The program identifies key differences between the online and physical meeting environments and builds on concise organizational and leadership skills for better outcomes in your virtual meetings.
Who should attend:
- Individuals who need to communicate with others through effective virtual meetings, including executives, managers, learning and development professionals, presenters, sales, marketing and account managers, team facilitators, team leaders, product and project managers.
- Identify and establish a clear framework of core practices for managing a virtual meeting
- Describe the key elements when planning and starting a virtual meeting
- Identify the key actions required to keep the virtual meeting participants involved, interested and directed toward accomplishing the desired results
- Identify effective remote listening and questioning techniques
- Verbalize transitions and use language to connect in the virtual environment
- Determine appropriate follow-through plans and conclude the virtual meeting
- Identify the key actions to curb unproductive behavior and keep virtual meetings on target
- Practice facilitating a virtual meeting
- Review the key components of effective facilitation.
- Discuss group organizational skills and group leadership skills.
- Explore specific underlying philosophies of effective facilitation.
- Adapt your facilitation style to group development stages.
- Examine activities to be completed before the meeting.
- Build an effective agenda.
- Start the meeting effectively.
- Identify guidelines for creating meeting ground rules.
- Examine role assignment.
- Discuss how to keep the meeting moving.
- Generate action steps and build conclusions.
- Encourage constructive participation.
- Handle disruptive behavior.
- Practice facilitating a meeting or group session.
If you facilitate meetings in the physical and virtual environments, you can add an online module to your program. In this one-hour online session, you will identify ways to establish a positive climate in the virtual world; practice verbalizing transitions; and identify effective remote listening and questioning techniques.
You will facilitate a recorded online meeting and receive constructive feedback from your FKA facilitator.
Call your FKA representative for pricing for the online module as well as the one-day version of this program.
Customize your On-site:
FKA can further customize your on-site program with additional topics like:
- Managing diverse points of view
- Best practices for presenting your ideas effectively
The program will have 4-two hour sessions including a recorded 20-minute online practice by the participants with constructive feedback from your FKA facilitator.