Public Program Schedule (please contact FKA to have this program run at your location)
Click on a Program below to register.
Number of Upcoming Programs: 0
No scheduled public programs were found. Please contact FKA
Are you creating training specifically to be delivered in a traditional classroom and looking to add more variety? This program gives instructors and course developers in-depth, step-by-step templates for the design and development of face-to-face group instruction. It ensures your training programs are performance-based, interactive, challenging and stimulating to the learner.
Who should attend?
- New course designers and instructors who want to develop a variety of presentation methods and application exercises for group instruction
- Experienced course developers who have had training in general course design and now need step-by-step templates for a variety of instructional methods
Six Key Benefits
- Learn from the best instructors in the industry who are also experienced instructional designers.
- Practice developing a variety of classroom activities.
- Accelerate the process by using effective decision tables and easy-to-follow templates.
- Small classes ensure you get individual attention and expert feedback.
- Take home well-crafted materials – including Word templates – that support learning during training and will be useful references and tools later.
- Free one-year consultation service if you have questions after the workshop ends.
- Define the components of the Systematic Learning Process.
- Identify phases in the FKA ISD model.
- Describe the Model of Performance.
- Select/adapt an icebreaker.
- Make decisions for application method, structure and feedback.
- Create a quiz.
- Discuss the effective use of games.
- Create a practical exercise.
- Develop scenarios/case studies for analysis by learners.
- Discuss the design of role plays.
- Create a reading assignment.
- Plan an interactive presentation.
- Develop media for an interactive presentation.
- Outline a demonstration.
- Discuss peer-assisted methods.
- Instructional Design Fundamentals
- Systematic Learning Process
- FKA’s Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Model of Performance
- Developing Application Activities (For hands-on and brains-on practice):
- Practical Exercises
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Developing Presentation Activities (To transfer information):
- Content from Materials (e.g., reading assignment)
- Interactive Lectures
- Peer-Assisted Learning (e.g., brainstorming, discussions, debates)
- Instructional Design Support Manual (150+ pages) full of templates and checklists to support the FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Online access to 16 instructional design templates and checklists, and FKA’s complete glossary
- Online access to additional templates and checklists for developing Application and Presentation activities
- You will have access to over 10 online FKA tutorials that support instructional design and development for adult learning
Available in 2 – 4 day formats to meet your needs. Call to arrange this in-house program at the right time and location to meet your needs.