Job Aid Design
The effective alternative to classroom delivery.
The benefits of job aids are enormous. They reduce, or can even eliminate, the need for training. They increase the transfer of skills back to the job and provide ongoing support in the job environment. In this workshop, work specifically on this critical design skill as you learn to design and develop seven different types of job aids for your own work environment. Take home valuable checklists for the different formats and completed examples for your ongoing reference.
Who should attend:
- Course designers and subject matter experts responsible for developing or modifying existing custom or off-the-shelf training courses
- Managers and those responsible for the creation or purchase of training materials
Six Key Benefits:
- Small class sizes ensure you get lots of individual attention from your highly qualified and experienced instructor.
- You will learn how to create valid, reliable job aids that save training time and money and increase the transfer of training back to the job.
- The workshop content can be customized for beginning or experienced instructional designers.
- Use checklists and sample job aids to guide you as you select and develop job aids for your work environment.
- Get expert feedback as you work on your own job aids.
- Take advantage of free one-year support to help you with your job aid design project.
- Determine when to use job aids.
- Identify the required job aid type.
- Select a job aid format.
- Select media.
- Select job aids using the following formats:
- look-up table
- decision table
- flow chart
- Describe validation activities.
- Define four levels of evaluation.
- Identify trends in job aids
Model of Performance
- What is a Job Aid?
- What are the Benefits of Using a Job Aid?
- Adult Learning Principles
- FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Systematic Learning Process
- Is the Job Aid Alone Sufficient?
- Job Aid Checklist
- Job Aid Types
Job Aid Formats
- Sample MoP
- Guidelines for Formatting MoP Data
- Priority Values
- Guidelines for Gathering Analysis Data
- Data Gathering Interviews
Job Aid Development
- Step Format
- Look-Up Tables
- Decision Tables
- Flow Chart
- Combination Format
- Selecting a Job Aid Format
Job Aid Validation
- General Guidelines
- Guidelines for Creating Graphics
- Job Aid Media
- Print or Extended Print Checklist
- Audio Checklist
- Video Checklist
Job Aid Evaluation
- Key Checkpoints
- Common Problems
- Testing with Users
- Developmental Testing
Applying What You Learn
- Four Levels of Evaluation
- Practice selecting and designing a variety of job aids
- Instructional Design Support Manual (180+ pages) full of templates and checklists to support the FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Decision table to determine if stand-alone job aids will meet your need
- Checklists for selecting job aids and formats
- Samples of seven different types of job aids
- Guidelines for developing seven types of job aids
- Media checklists
- Free one-year consultation service if you have questions after the workshop ends.
• Available in a variety of lengths and formats. Call 1-800-FKA-5585 to schedule this on-site workshop