With people changing jobs frequently, with new technologies and a dynamic business environment, the demand for training is enormous. However, these opportunities have led to difficulties in finding good qualified technical instructors. A successful strategy to overcome the shortage of good technical instructors is one of “grow your own.”
This session identifies the four key steps required to develop excellent technical instructors and ways to overcome some of the challenges of developing that internal resource.
- Describe a four-level approach to developing excellent technical instructors.
- Identify the selection criteria for technical instructors.
- Determine the requirements needed to train and develop technical skills.
- Identify the requirements needed to train and develop excellent instruction skills.
- Examine the steps necessary to coach and monitor the progress of your technical instructors.